Propose a Show for our Fall 2015 Theatre Season!
We are now accepting applications from directors and creative teams for theatrical performances in our Fall 2015 Season. The process has changed from previous years following input from you during our Public Forum on Theatre at the Majestic. The season has been divided into an ambitious number of season slots that the community will then propose shows to fill. The process is as follows:
1) Fill out our MCT Fall 2015 Season Theatre Application.
2) Theatre Supervisor Jimbo Ivy will review your application and post it on our website once it has been deemed complete and error-free. The public will then have their first opportunity to comment on your proposal via email.
3) On the evenings of May 26th and 27th beginning at 5pm, Ivy will present each proposal to the public, stating his thoughts about the viability of that proposal. The community will then be given time to comment upon the proposal, either in support or dissent. Directors will be asked to leave the room during their proposal’s comment section, to encourage free expression.
4) After considering both the comment online and at the forums, Ivy will decide which of the proposed shows should be placed in which slot in the Fall 2015 Season. He will announce our 2015 Fall Theatre lineup on May 29th, 2015. At this point, an audition schedule for the season will be decided.
If you have any questions about the process, or would like to meet with Jimbo to get help with your proposal, email him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Below we have listed the proposed slots for the Fall 2015 Theatre Season.
Proposed Fall 2015 Theatre Season Slots
Fall 2015 Small Musical Slot
Performance Dates: August 21st-23rd & 28th-30th
6 weeks of rehearsal, 2 weeks on stage
Accompaniment: Small Band or Combo
Fall 2015 Small Straight Show
Performance Dates: September 11th-12th & 18th-20th
6 weeks of rehearsal, 2 weeks on stage
Fall 2015 Large Musical Slot
Performance Dates: October 2nd-4th, 9th-11th, 16th-18th
8-10 weeks of rehearsal, 2 weeks on stage
Content Requirements: Good Name Recognition, Popular Show
Accompaniment: Large Band or Orchestra
Fall 2015 Halloween Haunted House & Show
Performance Dates: October 23rd-24th & 30th-31st
4 weeks of rehearsal, 1 week on stage
Description: Team would be in charge of converting the Majestic into a haunted house with varying levels of frightful tours for children from 3-8pm on above dates, and a single adult performance on above dates.
Demographic: Kid Friendly & Adult
Fall 2015 Holiday Show
Performance Dates: December 4-6th, 11-13th
6-8 weeks of rehearsal, 2 weeks on stage
Content Requirements: Christmas/Holiday Related
Regional Designers and Technical Artists for our Production File
Are you a local production assistant, stage manager, designer or technician? We are interested in knowing about you, your experience and your availability for a range of upcoming opportunities at The Majestic Theatre. We are asking production and technical workers in the region to submit a cover letter, resume and work samples so we can include you in our file of active regional production, design and technical artists.
Audio Engineers for One-Night Concert Events, Short Run Performances, Festivals and Special Events
The Majestic Theatre is seeking applications from audio engineers for fee based work opportunities through the 2013 Season and beyond. The Majestic produces and presents music bookings of all kinds, from swing bands to folk, funk to rock and roll, and more. We have certain projects appropriate to early career engineers. We also have projects requiring highly refined engineers with great experience for projects such as our previous collaboration with Tony-nominated Actor Tsidii LeLoka. To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and references to email@example.com . We are seeking audio engineers on an ongoing basis and welcome submissions throughout the year. Applications can be mailed to Majestic Theatre, 115 SW 2nd Street, Corvallis, OR, 97333.
Ongoing Volunteer Opportunities
Come enjoy an evening of quality performances while assisting the House Manger before and after the show.
- Arrive 45 minutes before the performance to walk thorough short training.
- Take tickets at the door, hand out programs, help patrons to their seats.
- Assist in closing
Questions? Contact Gabriela Ochoa at firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you have your OLCC servers permit? Or are you willing to get one? Take a short online class and the help us sell snacks, wine and beer at our many fun events!
- Arrive 1 hour and 15 minutes before the show.
- Assist House Manager in setting up concessions stand (make coffee, set out snacks, wipe off counters, etc.)
- Handle sales of items before show and during intermission (some shows require coverage during the entire event)
- Help clean concessions stand after show (wipe down surfaces, put items away, take out recycling, and garbage)
Interested? Contact Gabriela Ochoa at email@example.com
Fill out the forms below to get involved!