Reader’s Theatre productions are performed in the upstairs Majestic Lab, on the last Sunday of each month at 3:00pm and 7:00pm.
Click here to download our Director Application
2014-2015 Season Announced Shortly!
2013-2014 Readers Theatre Season
· Jan 26 2014 Standing on Ceremony: The Gay Marriage Plays
· Feb 23 2014 Darwin in Malibu by Crispin Whittel
· March 30 2014 W;t by Margaret Edson
· April 27 2014 Original one act plays: Conversations Before and After We Bare Our Souls
· May 25 2014 Time Stands Still by Donald Margulies
· June 29 2014 Rabbit Hole by David Lindsay-Abaire
· July 27 2014 A Shayna Maidel by Barbara Lebow
· Aug 31 2014 Sylvia by A. R. Gurney
Reader’s Theater Auditions
Auditions for upcoming productions: August 4 & 5 at 7pm
Upstairs in the Rehearsal rooms of the Majestic Theatre
Casting for Upcoming Performances
Performance Date: September 28, 2014
Performance Date: October 26, 2014
The Anderson Trial by Saul Levitt
Performance Date: November 30, 2014
8-12 Men, ages 18 and above. There will be doubling of roles.
Synopsis: In the summer of 1865 the government of the United States put Henry Wirz, the Warden of Andersonville Prison, on trial for atrocities committed during the Civil War. He was the only Confederate officer to face such charges. During Wirz’s tenure at Andersonville more than 13,000 Union soldier needlessly perished, largely due to the deplorable conditions, exposure and malnutrition. This stirring courtroom drama revisits that most important historical question; can a soldier hide behind the orders of a superior officer? Can unconscionable actions be absolved by the exigencies of war? Will Henry Wirz face justice, or will he escape the hangman’s noose through some clever legal loophole?